Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas

Of all the things Brady got for Christmas this shirt and tie was his favorite! He wore it for 2 days and only took it off to have it cleaned! His Mish-Er-Airie shirt he calls it. Sunday was his last day in Nursery so he got all dressed up. He also got a mini Book Of Mormon, which he carried around singing, Follow The Prophet, all day!

Here are my boys opening Zachies walker from Gramma Caren and Papa Neil. He walks Everywhere on it! So great, and it makes him so happy!


Jeff got this Nerf game from Courtney, he loves it!
Here is the Romote Control Puppy Santa brought to Brady, it has the intellect of an 8 week old puppy! Pretty cool. This is the only thing he asked for (since October). When he came into the room he saw it and said to me, "What is it",

me: What do you think?

B: Mote Troll Doggie. Can I have it?


He loves his dog, so do I. It doesn't cry, poop or eat, and you can turn it off. My kind of pet!
Here is Zach in his PJs from Great Grandma Cusick, they fit perfectly and are so cute, THANKS Grandma! Zach and I were the first ones up, so we played in the front room for an hour. He found the last cookie that Santa left, and he ate it....messy but yummy!


We had all the Cusick's here (minus Elder Newel) for Christmas. We spent everyday together, here are the kids opening their PJs.
Ok, so for posterity, here is my run down of our weekend....
Our family arrived Christmas Eve, which was perfect. We had Pizza and just enjoyed our selves. Cusick kids sang Christmas songs to us, which was darling. Traditionally we all (unmarried) get PJs from my Gma Cusick. She was true to form this year and sent PJs for our kids, she actually makes them all, different each year. We love our PJs, so much so that now my mom buys bottoms for all the women! Thanks mom and Grandma!
We have been running our fire place lately so the kids were very converned that Santa was going to get burned on his way in!
Christmas morning we had about half an hour at our house with Coutney's family, which was great, but cut short by a very excited gramma calling to say that Newel was on the phone and we should hurry over! (remember he is in London). We had him for almost 2 hours, all if us taking a turn talking to him. He is doing great and loving life over there!
Over the weekend we painted ceramics, (Colin's were the BEST!) went bowling, ATE, played frizbee golf, went down town to see Mystere, (AWESOME) and sat around laughing.
The best part was one morning Bean and Lainey sat on one kitchen chair eating crackers and milk...they were feeding eachother, in silence, every so often Bean would give her a kiss and Lainey would just smile and keep eating! She chased him around calling out his name, she loved having another kid around when she woke up! She didn't care much for Zach because he pulled her hair!
Have I mentioned that both Courtney and Heidi are pregnant? They are, and it's great, next year we'll have 7 kids running and crying all over the place!
We are all doing well and are trying to get over the Post Christmas Blues! Luckily we are reminded of our Savior and that the true purpose of this Holiday is His life. We are so blessed as a family and so grateful for our health and homes!
Love to you all, and Happy New Year.







7 comments:

Hannah :] said...

Oh Beaners is a missonary how cute! I especially loved the part where Zack steals Santa's Cookies that's nice. But yeah my dad gave all of us girls that same nerf gun game. He gave us two so we have 4 controller thingys so we can have wars. Yeah! Well hope you had a merry christmas

heidijogoody said...

Looks like you guys had a good christmas and I bet it was the best spending it with family

Shrek said...

Nerf Tag is the greatest. That's all the girls ask me to do. We call them ion blasters though. I've got one that shoots those big green balls and that is what the girls started calling it, so that's what the new nerf guns are called as well. Really fun! Emily was rolling around on the floor like some super hero the other day when we were playing. Hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!

crazycranefamily said...

It sounds like you all had a great Christmas. I love when you get to spend great quality time with your entire family. It makes the best memories ever!
However, I know my mom is VERY glad that your mom is back!!!

The Dumas Family said...

Brady is so freaking cute! I can't believe how much he loves church clothes, that's awesome. We approve of he and Laney getting married, always have. I'm so glad you had a nice Christmas. Zach is so cute and so big, my goodness. We miss you guys! Happy New Year!!!

Caren Sorenson said...

Dear Sorenson family,
I love my new calander, so sorry I haven't called you yet to laugh with you about it and thank you.
I loved seeing your Christmas pictures, looks like you had a great time, and Brady makes the best lookin misionary ever. I love your blog, it helps me keep up with you all.
Love Grandma Caren

Caren Sorenson said...

Dear Sorenson family,
I love my new calander, so sorry I haven't called you yet to laugh with you about it and thank you.
I loved seeing your Christmas pictures, looks like you had a great time, and Brady makes the best lookin misionary ever. I love your blog, it helps me keep up with you all.
Love Grandma Caren