Wednesday, February 27, 2008

a GROWING Trend


Why is it that lately wherever I go people start talking about babies, being pregnant, or what they would do if they were? Now, they don't talk to me....more about me....Like I have no idea that they are talking about me, I'm huge I know, but show some tact people!!!!

At a restaurant last week, at the park yesterday, at the grocery store this week, everywhere I go people look at me like, 'Oh you poor girl'. Now it is not all in my mind, I can actually HEAR them talking!

Yesterday I took Brady and Gavin to the park, Gavin is a good 5 inches shorter than Brady so I guess to the unknowing person they could be brothers who are a year or so apart....After pretending that I could not hear the teenagers for about an hour, these 60 + ladies walk by and one says to me,

'Are these ALL yours?',

NO I said, just the taller one......

'OH', she says, 'I was going to say, THAT POOR GIRL!'

Apparently no one in Vegas thinks you should have kids closer than about 5 years apart! (well, except us crazy Mormons!)

Here is a pic of the boys for your reference!


11 comments:

Jenn said...

I totally understand what you are saying. I get it all the time and the kids are ALL mine. I can't tell you how many times in the grocery store I get wierd looks. I want to say "haven't you ever seen a mom with three kids before-get over it?" So I totally sympathize with you. You are not crazy!

Kara said...

You are not Crazy, and you look GREAT! I just admire anyone that has a second kid right now. Taking care of a 2 year old while being pregnant is not something I'm looking forward to. Then having two kids, that's a whole other story, and three kids in the store- I can't even picture it! All you mom's out there with more that one, you are amazing! Good luck with the move Melinda, we're going to miss you! You have to hang out still

Hannah :] said...

Well if anyone told me that I would smack them so it's good it was not me they do kind of look like bros but who is Gavin? Check out my blog for somthin mazin

heidijogoody said...

People just drive me nuts sometimes. I mean its nobodys business but yours and your husbands how many kids you have and if you want to have 4 in 4 years (like my mother in law did) then that is your choice and people should just deal with it!

Hannah :] said...

Yes he is Mindy and he is from Murray and if you did not watch it he is at the bottom of my blog and you can watch his videos Love ya

Jen Lee said...

Yeah, it definitely seems like people here think you should have your kids far, far apart, and never ever have more than two! I only had Gavin with me the other day and someone actually looked at him, looked at my stomach, and said, "What - you don't have TV?" Excuse me, complete stranger???!!!

Although I have to admit when I see someone with three little ones in tow my first thought is always, 'Wow. That's a lot of kids". Then I remember that, oh yeah, it's not.

Hannah :] said...

I am so frustrated right now hey mindy if you ever find a way to put a thousand miles by David Archuleta on my blog without puttin it on my viedeo bar will you tell me good luck moving in Hannah

Megan said...

They would really think i'm crazy...2 girls 13 months apart...and i'm not mormon. How's the house? Miss ya

Hannah :] said...

23 MORE DAYS are u excited I know I am!

Heather said...

The things people say without thinking... Well, I guess their intentions are good. There IS something about being pregnant that just seems to bring that out that nosiness in people. Hang in there! :)

Emily said...

Well, I think you are a little crazy. But that's because I think all people with more than one kid are crazy!

I'm sure I'll join you all someday...

Seriously though, just tell those nosy, rude people to shut up! Why did you have to move...good thing we will see you at bunco!!