Thursday, May 21, 2009

What Tonsils?

Check out his tonsils! HUGE! We have always called them 'gumballs'.

Pre-Op Room, Happy little Dude...

Post-Op, Popciles and IV's!


At Home (out of order!) Sleeping the drugs off.



Pre-op with mommy... He was so excited to have his tonsils out, this morning he ran into the kitchen and said, "Mommy, is today when I get my tonsils out?!" poor kid had no idea how yucky it would be!

We've been home a few hours now, Brady is soundly sleeping, AND breathing through his nose! Whoo hoo! He was full of nervous energy before the surgery, bouncing all over the room. Loved his gown, and the wagon they took him away in. After 2 weeks of crazy momanxiety and a 30 minute surgery we are here and he is good. After waking Bean cried a little and was mad about the oxygen machine hooked to his toe. But on the promise of popcicles he relaxed. After an hour of juice drinking and cuddling with Dada we were on our way home. I am sure the worst is yet to come, but as for now the part I can not control is over and we are doing well. He is just so happy to be home and he is loving icecream shakes and yogurt smoothies!

Thanks every one who called and thought of our sweet boy today! All is well and we are so proud of our brave boy!





5 comments:

Kara said...

Glad that's over- sounds like he was a champ! Hope the recovery goes as smoothly as everything else has. Let us know when you want to play again!

Mary said...

Kids bounce back very fast. If he is like any other kid I know who has had tonsils out he will be as good as new in a few days.

heidijogoody said...

What a brave little boy. I had my tonsils out when I was 8 and it was the best thing I have ever had done. I have still never had strep throat again!

Diana said...

His little smile is just adorable in that picture with you! What a happy kid. I can't believe how big he is getting! I remember just seeing him as a little tiny guy in the grocery store back here in Utah. How time flies! I'm glad to hear all went well with the surgery. I like to hear that you have "momanxiety" too! :)

Mikesell Family said...

Love the family pics of you guys. Hope your little guy gets feeling better.
Jeff remember when Sluga said.
"Your two steps slower than Herriman"
Then lance Barnes kept singing "La De Da De It's time to party."

Good seeing you guys on your blog!
Gentry