Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Gift

The Gift of Companionship
I love marriage.

I love that it's hard.
I love that everyday we have to work at it.
I love that we are continually growing.
I love that he loves me on my grumpy days.
I love the quiet moments together.
I love the daily acts of service andthe constant sacrifices made for each other.
I love that we think of each other when we're apart.
I love that of all the fun places to be,there's nothing better than being home together.
I love praying together, setting goals together,playing on the same team and working for ETERNITY.
I love lingering hugs and holding hands in the car.
I love learning new things about him and realizing that he knows me better than I think he does.
I love the beautiful feelings of companionship I feel with him,
and I love knowing that he's mine forever.
If marriage wasn't such hard work it wouldn't be this good!


I can't take credit for this writing, its all my girlie friend Courtney! but I love how she writes and this sums it up so well, I thought I'd share! thanks carpool!

2 comments:

crazy west family said...

I love that it is so beautiful it made me cry. I love Jamey so much and I realize how much he loves during my surgry and recovery. He has so stepped up and done everything to make me feel better.... Maybe I will have to blog about it. Thanks for sharing.

The Roberts Family said...

Hi! I am Jeff's cousin, Jessie, and we live here in Vegas too. Hope you don't mind if I read your blog. Your two boys are adorable!!!